A DANGEROUS chemical explosion that blew up in a man's face yesterday has left him severely injured.
The Banora Point man was rushed to Tweed Hospital with deep lacerations to his chin and above the eyes.
He also suffered serious burns to his face and both eyes from the accident.
Tweed Heads Acting Inspector Jason Dowds said the 45-year-old man was on his driveway mixing chemicals for his pool about 5.45pm.
He shook the bucket which contained chlorine and water and put the lid on.
The lid exploded and made contact with his face causing the serious injuries.
Acting Insp Dowds said the man was not in a critical condition but was transported to a Brisbane burns unit from the Tweed Hospital.
Tweed Heads retained firefighter Mark Lewin said the man was looking after his neighbour's pool for them when the incident happened.